Salto!

Salto!
Rio Claro, Colombia

Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

Mountain biking in Manizales



Did you know that cycling and mountain biking is a huge thing in Colombia? I decided that I needed to experience it for myself. With the help of my new found friends, Andrew and Camilo, we explained to the guys at the Specialized bike store that I was doing a documentary on athletic adventures in Colombia. With great pleasure they found a bike for me to ride and let me borrow a pair of clip-in shoes. And not just any bike, state of the art. The group would not let me pay for anything along the way as they were so grateful to have me joining them on this adventure. We began the ride at 9:30am and did not make it back to Manizales until 7pm, and let me tell you this group really knows how to ride.

1 comment:

  1. Shawna you are having the time of your life...I love it!
    Meggan B

    ReplyDelete